COMPLETE REQUIREMENTS FOR RESIDENCE PERMIT & ID NAME CHANGE FROM SINGLE TO MARRIED FOR FILIPINAS IN QATAR
By Pie Tan
Are you an expat in Qatar who recently got married or still have your maiden name and would like to update your passport, but you just can't because of not getting enough information regarding the requirements and procedures on how to change your name as well in the Residence Permit? Well, we were on the same boat then, until I decided to go for it.
Since I was not able to get specific information on this process (even in the internet), I have to spend a lot of riyals for the back and forth transportation just to get the requirements done completely. I DO NOT WANT YOU TO MAKE THE SAME MISTAKES I DID!
To make sure that you get things right in the first attempt, here are the documents you need to acquire before proceeding to the Ministry of Interior Qatar in Al Gharaffa.
1. Applicant’s New Passport Copy (Married Name)
2. Applicant’s Residence Permit Copy (present - still maiden name)
3. Marriage Certificate Copy
4. Original Letter written in Arabic stating the reason for changing your name (old and new names should be mentioned in English letters)
5. 2x2 Picture with blue background (1pc.)
6. Original Form (Application for Modifying Resident's Details)
7. Company Registration Card Copy
8. Husband’s Passport Copy
9. Husband’s Residence Permit Copy (if husband is also a Resident of Qatar)
Once the above are accomplished, submit the documents in MOI at Al Gharaffa, "Committee Into Looking For Change Name Requests" Office, 2nd floor of Bldg. 2, gate/ entrance 2 or 3.
Requirements complete? Check the Detailed Procedures for Qatar ID & Residence Permit Name Change.
Currently on this stage? Please let me know if you have any questions, I'll be glad to help!