By Pie Tan
Hey guys! Further to my previous blog post Complete Requirements for Residence Permit & ID Name Change from Single to Married for Filipinas in Qatar, here are the complete and detailed procedures in processing name change on your Residence Permit.
1. After you have completed the requirements, proceed to MOI Al Gharaffa, “Committee for Looking into Changing Names Requests" Office, 2nd floor of Bldg. 2, gate / entrance 2 or 3. Hand all the documents to the officer sitting at the front desk, inform him that you want to apply for the name change, he will give you a yellow stub (see below picture sample, keep this as you will be needing it later on) and advise you to come back after 3 weeks. (I returned after 1 month)
For the next steps, bring the following as you will be needing these at the typing center.
2. Go back to MOI in the same office where you've submitted your documents, show the yellow stub at the front desk and the officer will give you a form (sample below) for Gulf Times.
3. Since the information should be typed written in the form, bring it to the nearest typing center located at the Petrol Station just outside of MOI, the typing cost is around QAR5-10.
4. Return to MOI and have the filled form signed & stamped from the same officer who gave it to you. He will then advise you to bring it to Gulf Times for publication.
5. Proceed to Gulf Times (C-Ring Road), request for the change name form from the receptionist or guard at the customer service counter, get a number and wait for your turn. Present the form and the paper from MOI to the publication counter personnel, you will have to pay QAR 500/- (can be paid by cash or card) for the posting and your advertisement will be published on the next day.
6. Purchase the WHOLE newspaper that has your advertisement and keep it with you, Gulf Times suggests that you get at least 2 copies of the newspaper (for future reference) as they will no longer provide a copy after the day it was published.
7. After 15 days (I returned after 16 days just to make sure), if nobody makes an objection on your name change, bring the newspaper to MOI.
8. Submit the newspaper to the officer on the same office where you've submitted your documents (Gate 2, 2nd floor). He will check the newspaper and advise you to come back again after 1 week.
For the next steps, make sure to bring with you the following.
9. After 1 week, return to the change name office in MOI and present your yellow stub. The officer will give you a printed copy of your application form and you'll have to bring it to Gate 1, 1st floor for stamping.
Note: When getting a priority number for the stamping procedure (#9), you might find it confusing since there are 3 choices in the machine - the A, B & C. Select B (change occupation).
10. After which, bring the paper to Gate 2, ground floor and get a priority number from the reception counter (for females, just approach the receptionist directly, no need to fall in line). When it’s your turn, hand the paper, your RP card/ QID, old and new passports to the officer.
11. The Officer will ask you to pay QAR200/- using a debit or credit card ONLY for the ID process and printing.
12. Wait for your new Residence Permit Card to be printed. Once received, make sure to CHECK the spelling of your name and ID number.
Additional information: This procedure is for name change ONLY, the process of changing your passport number in the ID, as well as its validity date must be done by your company HR/ PRO.
13. Proceed to your sponsor/ company HR, provide them your original new ID card, old and new passports for passport number change in the ID and to update your profile or information in their records or system accordingly.
To give you an idea on the process duration, check QID & RP Name Change Process: Timeline and Detailed Expenses.
Have you successfully done this procedure? Care to share your experience? Write down your comment/s below.
If you have any questions or clarifications on the procedure, you are welcome to contact me. I'd be glad to help. Good luck!